Menu

  • Follow my Adventures in DC at http://lemleykdchron.blogspot.com/

Friday, April 6, 2012

Wild Friday Nights

I was going to go to the movies tonight, but then my brother fell asleep and wouldn't wake up...and since I didn't feel like playing into the stereotype of "yes, I am going to the movies by myself on date night because I am a strong, Independent woman", I went home. The End.

You wish. Then I was going to watch one of my movies. And then I noticed the kitchen was dirty and that the bathroom floor and counter appeared to be growing fungi (not really, more like Sasquatch had been visiting...I just want to give you vivid picture).

At first, I rebelled. They made the mess, they can clean it up. Sasquatch is a messy individual. Then my clean freak rebelled. And then I thought, They have finals next week. And so I cleaned up.

In an hour and half, everything was sparkly and de-hairyfied (new word for the day!). Then I watched an hour and half of Say Yes to the Dress and Diner, Drive-ins, and Dives. That is my life: TLC and the Food Network. And may I just say that some of those dresses looked like they were inspired by a molting bird...a flock of molting birds.

Then I waxed philosophical and wrote a post about words. Then I grew strange and told you about gruesome treatment of early Christians. Welcome to my brain.

Now I am writing about my pulse racing Friday night. Now I am converting oxygen into carbon monoxide and exhaling it...oxygen...carbon monoxide...

Tomorrow I am going up to camp to train the new trading post staff (poor suckers...they won't know what hit 'em). I am planning on taking my camera and getting some good shots so hopefully tomorrow I will have an interesting post...you know...for the three of you that read this...

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment