Menu

  • Follow my Adventures in DC at http://lemleykdchron.blogspot.com/

Thursday, April 26, 2012

To read or not to read...that is never the question

I could read all day long...ok, there are days where that is all that I do.

I love books.

I love the way they smell, the way they feel, the stories and words of wisdom that are found.

Ah...mi amore...

Of course, I didn't always love to read. I didn't start reading until I was eight. I was a slow starter. However, once I caught on to the whole process, nothing has stopped me.

I've read lots of stuff. Fiction, non-fiction, modern stories, old stories, political science essays, many, many history books...just to name a few.

There is nothing quite like the atmosphere that a good story can create. For example, reading a mystery on a dark stormy night is thrilling and scary. However, don't ever do this while you are spending a summer living in a tent in the mountains--makes for many sleepless nights.

To read or not to read....that is never the question for me. It is only a matter of when.

No comments:

Post a Comment