Menu

  • Follow my Adventures in DC at http://lemleykdchron.blogspot.com/

Thursday, April 12, 2012

A walk down memory lane

Today I went to visit my old stomping grounds at Snow College. My younger brother, Ben, tagged along and we visited my BFFC/AB (best friend from camp/adopted brother) Darren who is attending that college right now. Darren is seriously like another little brother and a wonderful friend. That is one of things I love about camp. You are just friends with anyone and everyone and age really doesn't matter.


This is Darren...this picture is two years old and was taken at camp...he "threw"  me into the lake twice(which means we had a giant water fight that escalated into an ongoing battle for us...he held me under water several times). Maybe I deserved it. I did swamp his rowboat while he was in it. And trust me...it is no picnic to unswamp a rowboat. 

Anywho, so today we went down to visit and have lunch and see the campus. In some ways it hasn't changed at all. In other ways it is completely different. There is a new library building and it is really nice. They are building new dorms...makes me feel a little gyped. But then again, I would never trade my Snow Hall days for anything. They are also building a stake center by the Institute building. 

We ate at Roy's...or the restaurant formerly known as Fat Jacks. 


Yummy pizza...yummier mozzarella cheese sticks


Ben took this last one.

We probably spent a good hour and a half just talking at the restaurant after we ate. We had a lot of fun catching up and exchanging new stories. There is something quite refreshing about getting together with old friends. You just pick things up where you left off and have fun hanging out. 

After lunch, we went back to the Institute building and gave Ben the tour. We bumped into one of my old teachers, Brother Fife, who actually remembered me. I was surprised because it has been four years since I have seen him. It was nice to be remembered and he did seem a little surprised that I was a teacher now. Let's just say I was very quiet in his classes. 

Then we played pool for about 30 minutes...and I seriously suck at that game. The only time I won was by sheer dumb luck. Pool is not my sport. Then Darren and I had a tussle in the Institute gym (a continuation of our camp battle). It started because he tripped me. It only lasted for a minute though because I insisted that was not the proper place to continue our battle. He fights dirty too...he has all sisters and so he does not believe in treating girls any differently when it comes to these kinds of things. 

Then it was time to go. Which made me sad. I have such fond memories of this place. Also, I missed hanging out with Darren. So we said goodbye and promised to hang out once school was out. And then we left and I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures all day. So we snapped pictures as we drove out of town.


Here is the southern view of campus.


That's the new library building. 


This was my church building.



One of the first buildings in Ephraim. Once part of the school.


The malt shop.


Wide open spaces...3 minutes out of town


This is in Moroni.


My roommates and I thought that looked like the mountain from "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"...I climbed to the top...with a foot of snow on the ground.


We liked how the clouds looked in the distance


I love it and miss it so much


One of the houses along the highway has this in their front yard. It is a famous landmark for Snow kids

So that was my day at Snow. It was great to see an old friend and to see my first campus again. Makes me feel young. 

No comments:

Post a Comment