Today, I had my first camp staff training which involved CPR/first aid training. It is always nice to receive the training in that and it helps me feel more prepared for camp.
However, it also meant that I got to interact with the majority of the staff today as well. It was great to see some old friends and to start making new ones. I sat with two of my fellow commies and an old friend who is working in COPE this year. I have worked with all these guys before but spending time with them today got me really excited about spending the summer with them. We had far too much fun at the training which means it should be a pretty good summer.
There is of course, another girl named Katie who is working at camp this summer. She worked at camp last summer and told me during one of the breaks that she had been wanting to meet me because all of last summer staffers would hear her name and then think of me and then start telling stories about me (she told me positive stuff when I looked surprised). She seemed a little frustrated that she had been compared to me so much but it did make me feel happy that I was remembered.
It is a bit strange to work in a place where girls are so heavily outnumbered, but I like it. I think it reminds me of being home...since I was surrounded by brothers growing up. I am excited for this summer and look forward to sharing my adventures with you. So stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment