1. I have discovered John Steinbeck, the author of Of Mice and Men, The Grapes of Wrath, etc. Right now, I am reading Of Mice and Men and it has me in its grips. What an amazing author. I can't wait to finish it and start reading more of his works.
2. I joined a Facebook group tonight that supported a specific person (a judge). I don't know any of these people, but we have all been united and are coming together to create a voice. What a strange time we live in with a few mere clicks of a button, I am instantly connected with over a hundred people spread across the United States.
3. The weather is getting warm...I love it.
4. I am getting increasingly paranoid about bears this summer...I really don't want to get mauled. Of course, I worry about this the moment I enter "nature". National Geographic and Yellowstone have done a good job of scarring me for life.
5. I love the cello. It is my favorite instrument right now. I want to learn to play so badly but am content with my violin at the moment (which I should really play more often)
6. I am an introvert, and sometimes people think I am snobby and rude. I'm not. I just don't know what to say or how to interact with you when I first meet you. I am a listener.
7. Someone called me a hero today because I'm a teacher.
8. I love the way the moon shines through the clouds, it is peaceful and eerie at the same time.
9. I am worried that I won't do a good job this summer...what if I can't do it?
10. Then I remember I can do it, I've done it before.
11. I am subbing for a french class tomorrow...I am not sure what to expect. I am secretly hoping for a movie day.
12. Sometimes I really miss my grandparents...with a hollow achy feeling.
13. I felt that way today.
'
14. Jimmy Fallon makes me laugh...especially his thank you notes.
15. This was only supposed to be about 5 points long. But I'll pretend you're riveted and keep going.
16. There are some days where I am so afraid that I will be one of those "sweet spirits" that never marries or has a family.
17. Then other days I remember that I already have a family and they will never let me be alone.
18. I want a dog.
19. A bloodhound or a Labrador.
20. My self-defense class made me really jumpy. I hate it now when people suddenly appear at my side. I have almost punched many a jogger.
21. Do I got to law school or stick with history?
22. I love my black and white films, especially Bob Hope, Doris Day, and the Marx's brothers.
23. I meant to go to bed 20 minutes ago.
24. I am a total nerd.
25. And I wouldn't change that about myself for anything.
You make me laugh and we are freakishly alike!!! I had a bad grandma day this week too:( You are my hero! Don't ever change!
ReplyDelete