Menu

  • Follow my Adventures in DC at http://lemleykdchron.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sick Day

So I was really excited that I had work all 5 days this week because that means a bigger paycheck next week. 

Fate clearly had other plans. 

I woke up this morning, feeling as though my entire digestive system was having a siesta and no one had invited me. I told myself, "You're tough! You can handle this!" (is it wrong that when I speak to myself, I treat myself as two different beings? I'll have to reflect on that)

And so I got ready for work, packed a pitiful lunch of an orange (out of bread and nothing else sounded appealing) and I headed out the door. Still felt sick all the way the school I was at. Got there, got to the classroom, sat down, read the lesson plans, and wanted to die. Not because they were difficult, but because I realized I had no energy to do anything today. And I was still feeling rather ill. So I slumped down to the office, explained how I was feeling to the secretary, and then called my employer and asked them to send a sub for the sub...hahaha. 

An hour or so later, my replacement showed up and I disappeared, a faint memory to those children. I felt extremely guilty, even though I hadn't done anything wrong. It's my blasted work ethic...same reason I will suffer through illnesses (mainly colds) at work because I feel guilty not being there. 

And so I lost an entire day of work...bleh...but I did get to spend most of it reading. My stomach still hasn't decided what it's doing...but it better behave tomorrow because I can't afford to lose any more days this week. I go from feeling queasy to wanting a bean burrito. As I write this, my tummy is saying that it is hungry, but that it wants something light, yet filling. Toast perhaps? I then reply I don't have bread (see earlier sentence) and it replies that I live relatively close to several stores. I grumble and reach for my shoes....grumble grumble grumble. So I guess I am off to the store now...perhaps I will post more when I get back...

Perhaps about the fact that NOBODY in this APARTMENT apparently can be QUIET when other PEOPLE are TRYING to SLEEP off their ILLNESSES!

Or maybe I'll write about how much I really like toast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment