Menu

  • Follow my Adventures in DC at http://lemleykdchron.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Graduation, Part 2

And nearly a week later, we get to part 2 of my graduation...once again, I never procrastinate.

So early Friday morning, let's say 6am for fun, I woke up and got ready to go to my actual college graduation. The history department is located in the school of family life and something or other. Could never really remember the exact name of my college, nor did I care enough to attempt to remember it.  

So I once again arrived at the Marriott Center at 7am to line up with my department for services at 8am. Despite a minor traffic jam at 8:01 (the history department and sociology department got tangled up) we made it into  the building safe and sound. The speeches were good, the musical performance excellent.

And then came the reading of the names...for an hour and 20 minutes. Did I mention that I graduated from one of the largest colleges at BYU? It took a while.


The college graduates marched in one by one, hurrah hurrah
Up we marched, and back down again, hurrah hurrah
They gave us an empty diploma cover
took our picture and soon we discover
that we all looked absolutely stunned, hurrah. 

The following poem illustrates why I will not be posting the "professional photos" taken at my graduation. I literally looked like a deer in headlights. It did not help that I had spent the last three hours discussing with my fellow teachers the limited job market. Professional photographer, pffft. I would expect a professional to be able to get one decent picture of me that did not look so fake. I also look like a box...reason 2,978 why they will not be posted. 

But in the end, it didn't really matter because I officially graduated and I am done as an undergrad! Huzzah!


Woot!

My brother Ben, was the only sibling who came...*sniffle*. Ok, truth is I probably guilted him into it anyway.  I really didn't care who showed up, because I was fairly convinced that I was going to fall down at some point, which I didn't, thankfully. Plus, we had a big ol' family party on Thursday night which was awesome.  

However, Ben was less than thrilled about the post-graduation ceremony tour that my parents got of my college building. 


He did find some comfortable chairs, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment