Menu

  • Follow my Adventures in DC at http://lemleykdchron.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Perspectives

This is what greeted me this morning when I arrived at my sub job.



Gorgeous...


The wide open spaces, the quiet serenity of morning...I mean silence. It was absolutely quiet. No rushing cars, no loud noises. No talking. It was very soothing to my mind and spirit...and made the 40 minute drive worth it.

Then I got to thinking...wanna see what I see when I go on a walk in the evening? These are only a few pictures, and it is not as dark as they show...I need to get my camera battery replaced so you can see my neighborhood from a decent camera and not my cellphone.


Do you see that bright light in the middle? It is the SWKT, the tallest building on campus. This is about half a block away from my apartment, and halfway up a hill. Better pictures to follow soon :)


And there is the opposite side of the street. I live really close to the "Y". I could walk up to the trail if I wanted to...IF being the keyword.

But this was still my favorite sight of the day:


It's just beautiful. The wide empty space, the mountains in the background, the pre-sunrise sky...ah, I could look at this all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment