Menu

  • Follow my Adventures in DC at http://lemleykdchron.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ow...

So today I went to the dentist...and it hurt. The End.

Haha just kidding! But seriously, I went to the dentist today and it did hurt...I had some cavities that needed to be taken care of because apparently brushing and flossing on a daily basis wasn't working. I won't bore/sicken you with all the needle poking, drilling, and prodding details mainly because I am trying to forget them myself. But let's just say, I really don't like going to the dentist. My dentist is really nice and he does a good job, but I don't like the pain and headaches that follow. I also get really tense when I go to the dentist which means my back hurts for days afterwards.

But today I was determined to be brave...because I was the only one there (being an adult seriously stinks sometimes). Well, I was not accounting for the panic attack I was going to have 30 minutes into the appointment. Because of an experience I had with a dentist earlier in my life (when he started to drill before the numbing agent had begun to work) I get really tense during the drilling part. And so today, while the dentist was drilling, I suddenly realized that I was hyperventilating, my heart was racing, and I was going into a panic attack...of course laying on a chair that was causing all the blood to rush to my head wasn't helping. Fortunately, I managed to calm myself down before anything drastic happened.

And that was when I noticed the red spots on the ceiling tile. Now, I am 99% positive that they are rust stains, because rust stains appear on the type of ceiling tile that was in the dentist office (I know, because they used to have that type of tile at the field house where I worked). But in my present state of mind, I was convinced that it was blood, and I frantically began to remember if there were any arteries in the mouth that they could accidentally hit and cause blood to shoot up that high. After about a minute of speculation, I decided that it would be best if I thought it was rust and leave it at that.

So that was my experience at the dentist...I write this while my mouth aches and my head hurts...my lips hurt too...but that's because I can't find my chapstick, and I am dehydrated. There, I got a drink...much better. So, I believe that moral to my story is this: taking the day off of work to go to the dentist in the morning so that you can sleep the rest of the day while watching chick flicks is the best way to deal with the entire ordeal. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment