Menu

  • Follow my Adventures in DC at http://lemleykdchron.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Nephew thinks I'm Psychic

This is probably one of those things that he will hate me for when he's older and realize that I've been yanking his chain for the past 4 months...but it will build his character, or at least that's what they tell me.

So my nephew, Adam, is convinced that I am psychic. This occurred because of two reasons: 1. He got a racetrack for Christmas, 2. I am sarcastic and was trying to get out of playing a game we'd been playing ever since he got the racetrack for Christmas.

Adam invented a game called "Let's guess which car will win the race on the racetrack". There are four slots and so he believes that each car has an equal chance. Well, there is one track that if a car is on it, 80% of the time, it will win the "race". Because of my ability to observe, I noticed this trend, and so whenever Adam asked me (and he asked several times a day over the course of several days), I would usually pick that track and whatever car was on it. Well, I was right so many times that Adam looked at me in amazement at one point and said "Aunt Katy, how do you always get it right?" I almost gave him $5 for saying that...I sarcastically replied that I was psychic, not remembering that I was dealing with a little boy who was in Kindergarten and had no idea that I was teasing him. Once he understood what "Psychic" meant, he was amazed, and told everybody he came across the rest of day that I was psychic. I laughed it off, thinking he would forget it the next day.

Nope.

Four months later, I am still psychic. Whenever I tell him something (usually because I SAW it happen and he didn't) he says, "How do you know? Oh that's right, you're psychic." Just this last week at the Color Festival, he said that to me as we were walking through a parking lot.

And we still play the car game...and I still get it right over 80% of the time. It's a rough life being a psychic with a 5 year old boy around.

On an unrelated note, Adam always calls me Aunt Katy. Rarely, he calls me Katy...he calls me mommy and daddy more than he calls me Katy. I just think that's adorable and I'll be sad the day he outgrows it...and then I'll show him this post and we will weep together because he's the sentimental type.

No comments:

Post a Comment