So off I went this morning to the teacher's fair. I arrived at 8:30, half an hour before it began and there was already a line of 40 people waiting to get in. So I joined the throng and dove in. I was a whirlwind! Zipping about, shaking hands, handing resumes and collecting tote bags. Seriously, I have a nice collection of tote bags now and I think I am set for life.

Well, after many rejections (which is when they flat out say they aren't hiring history teachers), I was able to get into 5 screening interviews, which was really great, not only for the experience, but because I feel like I have at least put my foot in the door.
Another valuable lesson I learned is that traipsing around BYU in high heels really hurts after five hours and that parking in the furthest parking lot is a really bad idea (my feet are angry. Very angry).
Overall though, I am glad I went. Although it wiped me out. But who knows? I could get a phone call in a few weeks for an interview which could lead to a job! Yay! So wish me luck, and hopefully this will become the fair to remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment