Now, when I start these things, I usually do really well. Cutting out the sugar, replacing it with vegetables (except for Brussels Sprouts...nuclear famine couldn't bring me to eat those). I am the kind of person where if it is out of sight, it's out of my mind...and burying it under all my summer clothes in my footlocker also helps, just ask the bag of snickers.
But...there is one food that I am weak against. It is round, generally with a hole in the middle, and is absolutely delicious.
Oh yeah.
Yes. my name is Katy and I am addicted to donuts.
When I go grocery shopping, I literally cannot walk anywhere near the bakery because they will start calling to me.
"Katy...take me home...I'll be a delicious snack"
I scoff at these pleas and promises and continue to search for a a whole wheat bread that doesn't taste like cardboard.
"Katy...you exercised today and have eaten so healthy...don't you deserve a reward?"
I weaken and can feel myself turning around.
"Yes! Take us home! We will be happy together!"
The next thing I know, I am pressed against the glass, staring at all the rows of softly glistening donuts of all shapes, sizes, and flavors. But I am stronger than that. I can look at them and be just fine...right? Well, inevitably, while I am standing there drooling, somebody opens the glass doors and then the aroma of fried dough hits me.
Sigh...I try to resist...really I do.
So now, whenever I go grocery shopping, I wear earplugs and stay far, far away from the bakery.
Ooo Look! Milk is on sale.
You know what goes perfectly with milk...
No comments:
Post a Comment