Menu

  • Follow my Adventures in DC at http://lemleykdchron.blogspot.com/

Friday, January 13, 2012

The Roommate Diaries: The Marital Mystery

You know, I do wonder sometimes why I am not married (just like 24/7...nothing major) but I definitely know why my roommates are not married...at least three of them (and I am not included in that count). Allow me to illustrate one of these experiences involving just one. So I am sitting in my room, again, because I'd rather not interact with them (yes, I am being anti-social, deal with it) and I happen to overhear another priceless snippet from the roommates.

Now, two of them are Sunday school teachers (Lord help me) and apparently one of them did not know when they were teaching and so they sent a text to one of the members of the sunday school presidency asking if she was supposed to teach. Well heaven's forbid, he did not respond immediately, cause ya know, he probably has a LIFE! and so instead of sending a follow up text or CALLING him, she instead sends the rudest text demanding that he pay attention to her and that he respond to her text in an orderly fashion otherwise she will not teach on Sunday...and as she read this text out loud to the other 4, they laughed like it was the funniest thing they had ever heard. His response (which she read out loud) was quite polite and apologetic...which is a huge difference from the kind of response she would have gotten from me.

Why do they think the world revolves around them? Clearly it revolves around me. hahaha just kidding. But seriously. Grow up. If you can't get a hold of someone to find out if you are teaching, prepare a lesson anyway...or better yet, walk the 30 feet to his apartment and ask in person.

Sorry if this turned into a rant, but I am fed up with it. I am embarrassed by this behavior because it does not just reflect on her, but on everyone in this apartment. So if you would like to donate to the "Help Katy get a place by herself" fund or better yet, you have a single, successful guy looking for someone who writes witty blogs (haha jk...i also cook and clean), you know who to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment