So last week we were at Disneyland, right?
Well, my brothers and I like to play a game whenever we leave the good ol' state of Utah. We call it "Spot the Mormon" (we bore easily...what can I say). We also tally up liquor stores and churches...liquor stores usually far out weigh the number of churches. But anyway, so we usually play this little game. And a little trick we have is trying to wear something that will associate us with the Church so that other members recognize us and will smile and wave and then we get more points. The rules are complicated, I'll write about them some other time.
However, we were at Disneyland on a Friday. Friday is Alumni Day for BYU. All alumni are asked to wear cougar blue to help represent the school and to show school spirit. Well, since I have a plethora of school spirit, I wore a BYU shirt to Disneyland. I had at least 10 people acknowledge that shirt and BYU. Half of them were wearing some sort of BYU gear themselves (a shirt, hat, etc) but others would just see me as I walked by and would shout "Yay! BYU!" or "Go Cougars". It was AWESOME!
Now you may think, 10 people really isn't that huge...but in years past when I have worn a BYU shirt, I've gotten nothing. So I see this as a vast improvement. And I am sure more people recognized it but didn't want to say anything. You can tell by the way someone will look at you and then smile. Needless to say, it made my day at Disneyland so much better to be able to have a little school spirit thrown into the mix.
Oh, and you know that crazy fan who will just yell at the players at a game, convinced that their words of encouragement or advice will change the game? ...yeah...I'm that person.
No comments:
Post a Comment