...and it's name is Gloria's Little Italy.
My parents took me out to dinner Thursday night to celebrate my graduation from BYU. Since I took Italian in college and feel a deep connection to all things Italian, I have wanted to go try this restaurant in Provo called Gloria's Little Italy. The owner is from Italy and her grandfather owned several restaurants in Italy as well. I had heard that the food was amazing and so I wanted to try it.
And so I did.
And I died and went to heaven.
It was delizioso! Molto, molto delizioso.
I had the lasagna ragu...the creamiest, most flavorful lasagna I think I will ever taste in this life. Sorry Olive Garden...you've been demoted! I will dream about this lasagna for years to come and no other lasagna will ever taste the same!
My parents both enjoyed their dinners, which were equally yummy, for different reasons (there was a lot of sharing going on at our table).
And then came dessert.
Now my family doesn't normally get dessert when we go out to eat. Usually because we filled up on the main course. However, this was a new experience, and my mom came in saying she wanted to try some gelato (Italian ice cream). So when the waitress asked if we wanted any dessert, my mom asked what did they have. And we were taken back to this wonderful counter stuffed full of Italian desserts. Now let me say this: if you have not had an authentic, Italian dessert in your life, REPENT NOW! They are amazing. Especially the ones with mascarpone. Our American sweet cheese (such as cream cheese or even cheese cake) don't hold a candle to that stuff.
To shorten an already long story...we each got a different dessert and shared and they were oh so good. I am salivating now just thinking about them.
It was a meal from heaven...my Italian heaven. I want to marry an Italian cowboy now (do those even exist?)
Also, I got to teach my mom how to say gnocchi (knee-yoke-ee). It was a great night!
Thanks mom and dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment