1. My little brother is engaged...I remember when he was born...and now he's getting married. It's definitely a bittersweet thing...but I am happy that he has found someone to spend the rest of his life with.
2. I used to misspell definitely...I would spell it definately...that's what it sounded like phonetically to me.
3. Taught some really hard classes this last week. They left me emotionally drained and exhausted. Substitute teaching has burned me out faster than anything I have ever experienced before.
4. Had brunch with some of the girls in the family on Saturday. It was too much fun...we really need to do it more often.
5. Realized that someone who I used to be close to has moved on and acts as if I had never existed in their life...it feels strange to have someone try to erase you. It also hurt more than I thought it would.
6. Found two songs that capture that desire to show the world that I am not beaten yet, even though some days I want to throw in the towel and surrender.
7. Find it interesting to watch the members of my ward. Is anybody sincere in what they say or is it all just another move on some complicated dating chessboard?
8. How do I get back on that chessboard?
9. I showed that I know how to close a projector screen (tug and then let go). I used to be so scared of doing that. It's funny as a teacher what you realize you are afraid of.
10. Camp starts in two weeks...I feel like that is what I am living for these days. I love camp.
11. I wish we could learn to look past the facades that people put up...we have gotten so good at hiding what we are feeling all the time.
12. My brother was trying to show me how to box tonight...he doesn't realize that I know the stances he was trying to show me...I was just messing with him.
13. I love taking pictures...I miss using my SLR and just walking around taking pictures...the price of film has prevented me from continuing this habit.
14. I love laughing with my family...we laugh over the dumbest stuff and that makes it all the better.
15. When I start to feel overwhelmed, I try to remind myself that no matter what may happen, life will go on. In 5 years will I even remember whatever dilemma I have right now? No, I won't. I don't remember what I panicked over 5 years ago...life goes on. I can either try to fight that and make myself more miserable, or I can accept that fact and just go with the flow. My choice.
16. Camp starts in two weeks...I didn't realize how excited I was until someone asked what I was doing this summer and I began to describe it. I got this big goofy grin on my face that I couldn't hide.
17. Life goes on.
18. History says so.
No comments:
Post a Comment