Every now and then I get all "New-Year's-Pshaw-I-am-setting-a-new-goal-right-now" and then I have to live with whatever radical thing I decided to do...
This time...I decided I am going to run.
Yikes.
I've never been much of a runner...unless you scare me really good then good luck getting me to stop. But I have always wanted to run a 5k (it's one of those bucket-list thingies, I think...) and as I was reflecting on my exercise plan the other day, I thought, why wait? Why not now!
And so I found a plan...and a 5k that I am running in December.
Yikes.
The good news, is that I haven't missed a running workout yet. The bad news is that it's only been two days into the workout (it's a three-days a week type of running plan, so I have done day 1 and 2).
I am excited. The prospect of finally being a runner is exhilarating to me and I am excited for it. I am just paranoid that I am going to putter out.
But you gotta keep your head up, oh oh, then you can let your head down, oh oh....
Ahem, excuse me...So, I will update y'all periodically on how the whole running thing is going (because we both know that you stay by your computer all day just waiting for one of these priceless nuggets of a blog post).
And if I, for whatever reason, slip up and am not ready in December, I am going to need a large furry animal for a few hours...do you know anybody who may have one?
No comments:
Post a Comment