Menu

  • Follow my Adventures in DC at http://lemleykdchron.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Back from the Grave

Hello?

tap...tap...

Is this thing on?

Hello world, how are you doing? Ok...more like the three of you that might be reading this, as to which I have already spoken to the three of you so I know how you are doing.

So, my whole plan of posting stuff on the weekends while I am off from camp gave way to doing laundry and falling asleep on my floor. Translation: I am tired. Oh so very tired.

But camp has been going really well. There are days when I want to rip my hair out and other days when I want to do a victory lap around camp.

Being a commissioner is way different than I ever thought it would be. Literally, the only people that understand what I go through are my fellow commies, which have been an awesome support system. I have also realized that I still get stage fright...which I apparently hide really well...or at least that is what people tell me. There have been ups and downs, which allows me to segue into one of my favorite things: a list! Hooray.

1. Cardiac hill isn't too bad...especially when you experiencing an adrenaline rush

2. It has taken me 20 minutes to get a group of 8 scouts, 4 leaders, and a commie from the top of Rendezvous Ridge to the bottom, a grand total of 1.5 miles (It's quite steep in some places). No one got hurt and we even stopped for a few breaks. I consider this a great accomplishment.

3. Gummy bear?

4. While I am okay with leading songs, I've noticed that I can't use my "nice" singing voice...personally, I think it is just a defense mechanism and stage fright.

5. Being a commie means that you often don't get fed...imagine trying to compete for a single steak with a pack of adolescent wolves. Most of the time, it is better to let the wolves get fed so that they will leave you alone.

6. As a female, I get treated very differently from the male commies. I have to carry myself completely differently and act very differently. The other commies don't quite get it.

7. I am one of two commies that are over the age of 21, which means I am one of two people who can drive the camp trucks when they need to be driven. My afternoons can be very busy.

8. Sleeping often can become a luxury and not a necessity.

9. I love my friends...I wouldn't survive without them.

10. Learning to let things go is one of the first lessons a commie has to learn.

and with that, I bid you a fond goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment