Menu

  • Follow my Adventures in DC at http://lemleykdchron.blogspot.com/

Monday, May 13, 2013

And then my Shadow scared me...

I'm a scaredy cat.

No really. I am.

It comes with having an overactive imagination.

So today I went hiking to start re-conditioning my body to get ready for this next summer at Maple Dell. I live like a mile away from the Bonneville Shoreline Trail and so today I went to the trailhead and went on a hike.

After some huffing...puffing...and picture taking, I reached a point where I felt I should turn back. I began to walk down the trail. And heard some noise. Something was behind me.

I whipped around.

Nothing there.

Yeah...creeped me out too.

And so I contiued walking down the trail, sucking on my camelbak and enjoying the beautiful weather. Then I heard the noise again. Now let me say, that cougars live in these mountains. I was pretty sure I was about to become somethings meal.  I turned around again. Nothing. So I walked faster, still sucking on my water.

Then it hit me.

The noise was coming from my camelbak. Everytime I took a drink...it gurgled.

Silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment