Okay, the title might be slight exaggeration, but this is my blog so I get to spin things how I want, got it? So this last 4th of July, a few of my siblings and I decided to reserve spots for the local parade…and by reserve I mean spend the night on the street like a homeless person. Now granted, not all homeless people have memory foam mattresses that allow them to spend the night in “blissful” slumber. Apparently, people don’t believe in sleeping when they spend the night on the streets. To begin with, the man who spent the night next to us treated us to the best of ABBA until 2am, and if that wasn’t bad enough, his five children watched Mama Mia! twice! In addition, the corner we had reserved was apparently the hangout zone for every young single adult in the greater Provo area, who enjoyed high-five parties (which consists of slapping hands while shrieking like little girls). Finally, about 3am, we finally fell “asleep”. I was back awake in less than an hour as all the drunk people came out of the woodwork (someone had to protect the land!).
All in all, it was fun, once-in-a-lifetime experience (because I sure as heck ain’t ever gonna do it again). The greatest lesson I learned though, was that if I ever had to spend the night on the streets again, I am going to do it in a graveyard.
No comments:
Post a Comment