Menu

  • Follow my Adventures in DC at http://lemleykdchron.blogspot.com/

Monday, June 6, 2011

An Explanation

So I feel that I should explain the title of my blog…just in case someone checked it out and went “Oh my goodness! She has the mentality of a 5 year old!” Which, some days I do, especially if there are no chocolate chip cookies left.
In all seriousness though, the reason my blog is titled Stuffed Tigers and Red Wagons is because of a great philosopher who wrote that “…All life is travesty!” just kidding (shout out to my fellow MST3K fans...all three of you). The real reason is because of my favorite books as a child. And no, it wasn’t Hop on Pop or Are you my Mother? It was actually Calvin and Hobbes. Yes, the comic strip. My dad had a few of the books and it was my favorite thing to go into his den, pull them off the shelf, and read them. I delighted in the antics of six-year old Calvin and his friend, Hobbes, a stuffed tiger. They had many adventures in a wagon (that’s right, it was red).
So I, being the great philosopher that I am, decided that my blog should reflect some deep inner-thingymambobber about myself. And so the reason for my title, is that regardless of what adventures, difficulties, and experiences I face in life, as long as I have my trusty stuffed tiger (aka family and friends) and a red wagon (aka, a place to collect my thoughts and reflect on my journey) to help me, I would be just fine.  And so far, I am making it.


P.S. I would also like to note that I do own a stuffed tiger...his name is Hobbes and he spends all day on my bed acting as a pillow and then at night he keeps my feet warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment