You know how people create these bucket lists--things they want to do before they die? Well I have a bucket list for BYU. These items included such things as climbing the Y, attending a BYU/UofU football game and watching a certain red team get slaughtered (2009 oh yeah!), being a freshman mentor, etc. etc. However, there were two important items on that bucket list: Learn to drive the gator and get into the utility tunnels at BYU.
Allow me to explain what the gator is: Created by John Deere, the gator is a small, truck-like-tractor that is green. It is a clutch and so I have never been able to drive it, because I have never learned to drive a clutch.
Well, this last month my co-worker (who does the driving of the Gator) went on vacation for a week. I sensed an opportunity because my time at BYU is almost gone. Heaven smiled down on me because my boss asked me to go grab the gator for him. I explained that I did not know how to drive a clutch but if he wanted to teach me that would be great. Well, my boss agreed and so I got to start learning how to drive the gator. Oh the bliss! The thrill of shifting gears and using both feet to drive!
Learning to drive it has been a little rough at times, but with each new day i am getting the hang of it. So next time you are at BYU and you hear the rumble of clutch approaching, you may want to dive out of the way, because you never know who might be in the driver's seat.
Now...the utility tunnels.
Ciao
No comments:
Post a Comment