Have you ever noticed there are different kinds of waiting? There is the kind that you experience around the holidays, the blissful excitement and sheer anticipation of an upcoming event.
There is the kind known as "senioritis", which generally occurs during the last year or two of education. You are just ready to be done and the thought of being forced to plod around the school for one more day makes you want to scream and cry. But you endure it and when you graduate, it is all worth it.
There is the kind that you experience while at work...constantly glancing at the clock, convinced that it is moving slower than it really is. When it's finally time to go home, you feel like dancing down the stairs, into the parking lot and zooming out so fast it leaves tire marks.
And then there is the kind of waiting when you are standing at a crossroads. Which is where I am. I am still waiting to hear back from my grad school...the waiting is KILLING me. Everyday, I eagerly log onto the website, certain that today I will get an answer...to no avail...
It is a very exclusive program (only 18-25 participants) and hundreds apply...but I just want to know. For better or for worst...I just want to know what I am going to do this summer...with my life...with the future.
Waiting stinks.
That is my personal and slightly professional opinion.
So I wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment